Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer w/ DBA experience
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Latvia, Riga - Riga, Latvia, Latvia
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Requisition ID: 1571
Description Description:Ness Digital Engineering provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. We solve complex business problems with technology and insight. Our business domain knowledge, technology expertise, and Agile delivery process have delivered seamless Digital Transformations at some of the largest enterprises globally. We’re an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, a Premier Confluent Systems Integrator and a Snowflake Select Services Partner. We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementers, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun. We aim to hire engineers who thrive in an open-ended environment, and who want to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering results. Your role:Our DevOps and Infrastructure practice provides solutions, methodologies, and strategic guidance for digital transformation, containerization, and automation team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions.What you’ll do:
What you’ll bring:
- Analyze clients’ existing infrastructures & software environments
- Prepare cloud migration plans and lead the implementation of those plans
- Engage in Oracle & DB migrations
- Automate deployment and lifecycle management using orchestrators such as AWS Cloud Formation or Hashicorp Terraform
- Automate application configuration using CM tools such as Ansible Playbooks, Salt Stack formulas or Kubernetes Templates / Helm Charts
- Monitor infrastructure and applications using tools such as Splunk, Graylog, Grafana, TICK, or Prometheus
- Create CI/CD pipelines using cloud-native tools, or best-of-breed tools such as Jenkins
- Be immersed in a continual learning environment, adopting new techniques, patterns, and tools
- Complete certifications and accreditations, advancing your technical skills and overall career
In addition, ideal candidates will also have experience with:
- A bachelor’s degree in something interesting, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience as a DevOps/System/Network Engineer automating infrastructure, deployment, network, configuration, or testing processes
- Deep knowledge of Linux / Unix or Windows systems administration
- Deep familiarity with AWS/Azure offerings
- Experience implementing well-architected AWS environments using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/Cloud Formation)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Salt Stack, Ansible, Chef, or similar
- Kubernetes development and administration experience, preferably in both cloud-native and self-hosted environments
- Solid scripting skills (Python, Bash/KSH/ZSH)
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- DevOps Engineering in an Enterprise setting
- VMWare Cloud migrations
- Networking experience, especially cloud-to-on-prem
- Database engineering or development (especially Oracle RAC)
- Large deployments on Azure, Google Compute, OpenStack
- Creating pipelines, managing pools of agents, tracking artifacts, etc.
- Automated Testing and/or Test Data Management
- Containerization technologies and best practices
- Interacting directly with clients in a consulting capacity
- Experience working in a distributed work environment
Benefits for all our employees with Ness Romania labor contract:
- Access to trainings, conferences and certifications for self-development;
- Skilled and team player colleagues;
- Increased vacation days based on tenure in Ness and Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket with monthly budget allocated;
- Medical insurance;
- Yearly anniversary & vacation bonus;
- Gifts for various occasions like Christmas celebration, Easter, Woman & Men’s days;
- Family financial aids;
- Socializing activities for team bounding like Teambuilding, Christmas Party, Halloween and others;
- Attractive compensation scheme and referrals bonuses.
We know that people are our greatest asset. Our staff’s professionalism, innovation, teamwork, and dedication to excellence have helped us become one of the world’s leading technology companies. It is these qualities that are vital to our continued success. As a Ness employee, you will be working on products and platforms for some of the most innovative software companies in the world.
You’ll gain knowledge working alongside other highly skilled professionals that will help accelerate your career progression. At Ness, we treat our values of rigor, innovation, and partnership with the highest priority, and they are placed at the very core of our business — to guide us through our daily operations and interactions with our customers.
We offer our employees exciting and challenging projects across a diverse range of industries, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a group of forward-thinking, capable partners around the globe.
Discover Ness Digital Engineering visiting our website www.ness.com
Do you feel like not checking every single requirement?
At Ness Digital Engineering we are willing to build a work culture that is based on diversification, inclusion, and authenticity also, we are aware of the studies that have shown that women/people of color/introverts are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
So, if this role sounds good to you, even if you don’t meet every single bullet point in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. For most of the candidates that applied, we found a role that was a very good fit with their skills.
Let’s meet and you may just be the right candidate for one of our roles.