Azure Solutions Architect
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Romania, Iasi - Iasi, Romania, Romania
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2023
Requisition ID: 1293
Ness Digital Engineering provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our Cloud and Data practice provides solutions, methodologies, and strategic guidance for cloud mobility, software modernization and automation initiatives.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We solve complex business problems with technology and insight. Our business domain knowledge, technology expertise, and Agile delivery process have helped some of our most innovative clients execute on digital transformations. We’re an Azure Consulting Partner, a Premier Confluent Systems Integrator, and a Snowflake Select Services Partner.
We aim to hire engineers and architects who want to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering results.
As a Senior Azure Solutions Architect for Analytics, you will:
- Advise clients on strategic technical decisions, develop and present best practices.
- Lead Discovery engagements to assess a clients’ existing workloads, infrastructure & software environments.
- Propose, Designing, developing, and implementing Azure Analytics solutions that meet the business requirements of clients.
- Translate business requirements of clients into technical solutions leveraging the Azure Analytics platform.
- Design and architect end-to-end Azure Analytics solutions that meet the client's business needs and requirements, ensuring that they are scalable, secure, and performant.
- Develop and implement Azure Analytics solutions, including data modeling, ETL/ELT, data warehousing, and reporting/visualization.
- Conduct POC engagements to demonstrate the capabilities and benefits of Azure Analytics solutions to potential clients.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify opportunities, develop proposals, and provide presales support.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to project teams, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the client's expectations.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in Azure Analytics, and share knowledge with the team.
All candidates must have:
- 10 years’ experience in a technology organization with significant responsibility for setting technical direction.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited direction, translate high level goals into measurable milestones and deliver on them.
- Broad familiarity with Linux/Windows systems, Cloud infrastructure, Messaging/Streaming technologies, Data-stores/Databases, Application/API design, Internet and Networking Protocols, Security Architecture, Version Control Systems and CI/CD tools.
- Deep familiarity with Azure offerings and how they can be best utilized to deliver scale, reliability, resiliency, and resource efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of data engineering and analytics technologies, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, and Power BI
- Experience in presales activities, including conducting POC engagements, presenting solutions to potential clients and writing proposals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with clients and team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and strategically to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with automation using Terraform/Bicep/Arm and configuration management using Ansible, Chef, PowerShell or similar.
- Some form of programming experience
- A desire and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, develop new skills, and solve tough problems.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall project management.
In addition, ideal candidates will also have experience with:
- Interacting directly with clients and senior executives in an advisory or consulting capacity
- Large cloud deployments on AWS, Azure, Google Compute or OpenStack
- Event-Driven Architecture, Micro-services, distributed compute/processing systems
- Automated Testing and/or Test Data Management
- Containerization technologies and best practices, especially Kubernetes
- Experience working in globally distributed teams.