Ness is a full lifecycle digital engineering firm offering digital advisory through scaled engineering services. Combining our core competence in engineering with the latest in digital strategy and technology, we seamlessly manage Digital Transformation journeys from strategy through execution to help businesses thrive in the digital economy. As your tech partner, we help engineer your company’s future with cloud and data. For more information, visit www.ness.com
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
Our client is recognized as a market leader in securities finance automation and is well known for providing best-in-class customer service. Their ability to provide services that perform faster and are more efficient have allowed them to innovate and lead the market.
As a platform engineer you will be part of the team that owns the entire infrastructure stack and develop /test automation tooling which application engineering teams use to build the clients applications.
Key Results for Role:
- Quickly ramp up an understanding of clients through proactive reading, investigation, and training
- Keep on-top of the day-to-day infra backlog and required system interventions to ensure delivering services to clients of the highest level of quality
- Work collaboratively with Application Engineering teams to define infrastructure and deployment requirements and implement fit-for-purpose DevOps automation and platform infrastructure to meet these needs
- Implementautomated approaches for system administration
- Implementrequired monitoring and security measures to ensure the platform meets the operating objectives.
- Key contributor to the hybrid cloud migration program helping ensure the resultant solution is secure, scalable, highly available, and enables high development velocity
Requirements & Experience:
- 3+ years working on and supporting high availability, high security, enterprise grade SaaS platforms running onprem and/ or cloud
- Solid working knowledge of Linux, virtualization & hypervisors, and networking
- Experience building and maintaining infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines using technology such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub, and other cloud native tools
- Working knowledge of containerization and container orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Public cloud infra and tooling experience (AWS highly desirable)
- Thorough understanding of key security principles and experience designing and testing to ensure robust postures are maintained
- Experience working in compliant ISO20K, ITIL or similar formal Service Management frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-motivated, proactive and autonomous, highly organized, with good team-working skills
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Positive and ‘can-do’ attitude
Employees perks and benefits:
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits, and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with a globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses, and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits
Ness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.