Senior Java Developer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Latvia, Riga - Riga, Latvia, Latvia
Date Posted: Apr 18, 2023
Requisition ID: 356
Description About Us:
We know that people are our "greatest asset". Our staff’s professionalism, innovation, teamwork, and dedication to excellence have helped us become one of the world’s leading technology companies. It is these qualities that are vital to our continued success. As a Ness employee you will be working on products and platforms for some of the most innovative software companies in the world. You’ll gain knowledge working alongside other highly skilled professionals that will help accelerate your career progression. At Ness, we treat our values of rigor, innovation, and partnership with the highest priority, and they are placed at the very core of our business — to guide us through our daily operations and interactions with our customers. We offer our employees exciting and challenging projects across a diverse range of industries, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a group of forward thinking, capable partners around the globe.
Role and responsibilities:
- Design, write and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable code using Java best practices;
- Play an active role in defining and shaping features for the application;
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of products;
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API;
- Collaborate with a team of highly skilled engineers;
- Strives to deploy all products and updates on time;
- Communicate project status on a regular basis, identifying potential issues in a timely manner;
- Research and share industry innovations, trends and current best practices.
- More than 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent coding skills with Java, preferably Fullstack;
- Strong knowledge of tools/systems such as InteliJ, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift;
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate and JS Framework;
- Having a passion for standardisation, introducing processes and fast customer feedback;
- Ability to drive projects and strong problem solving skills;
- Very good English communications skills, both writing and speaking.
Benefits for all our employees with Ness Romania labor contract:
- Access to trainings, conferences and certifications for self-development;
- Skilled and team player colleagues;
- Increased vacation days based on tenure in Ness and Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket with monthly budget allocated;
- Medical insurance;
- Yearly anniversary & vacation bonus;
- Gifts for various occasions like Christmas celebration, Easter, Woman & Men’s days;
- Family financial aids;
- Socializing activities for team bounding like Teambuilding, Christmas Party, Halloween and others;
- Attractive compensation scheme and referrals bonuses.
Do you feel like not checking every single requirement?
At Ness Digital Engineering we are willing to build a work culture that is based on diversification, inclusion and authenticity and also, we are aware of the studies that have shown that women/people of color/introverts are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
So, if this role sounds good for you, even if you don’t meet every single bulletpoint in the JD, we encourage you to apply anyways. For most of the candidates that applied, we found a role that was a very good fit with their skills.
Let’s meet and you may just be the right candidate for one of our roles!